Chrysler 200 Forum

Chrysler 200 Forum (http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chrysler 200 General Discussion (http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone own a 200 yet (http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3)

Shaggy 02-26-2011 01:26 AM

Anyone own a 200 yet

Does anyone own a chrysler 200 yet?

Korny 02-27-2011 02:35 AM

I don't own one yet, but look forward on test driving one.

rdhans32 03-17-2011 02:14 PM

We just bought 200Ltd. and we love it. Drives great, love the performance and the hands free phone (new for us).

JimTeTe 03-17-2011 07:31 PM

There ya go Bud and Welcome ....

Jim

Gene 03-21-2011 01:29 PM

The only negative thing that I find worth noting is the rear seat leg room. I have a daughter that is still in a toddler child seat and her feet are always within reach of the back of my seat. In my prior car, Sonata, I was able to move my seat up far enough to get out of reach of her pesky kicking! ;-) The 200 is just that much shorter than my Sonata and that little fact is the only thing I can complain about! LOL

Shaggy 03-21-2011 11:26 PM

Post up pics when you can and thanks for joining us here on Chrysler200.com!

Bro43 03-30-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 34)
The only negative thing that I find worth noting is the rear seat leg room. I have a daughter that is still in a toddler child seat and her feet are always within reach of the back of my seat. In my prior car, Sonata, I was able to move my seat up far enough to get out of reach of her pesky kicking! ;-) The 200 is just that much shorter than my Sonata and that little fact is the only thing I can complain about! LOL

I must be short because my 2 year old fits with leg room haha.

JimTeTe 03-30-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro43 (Post 48)
I must be short because my 2 year old fits with leg room haha.

You not Short, just put together efficiantly .... :D:D:D

Jim

Jawls 05-03-2011 11:10 PM

I have owned only Chrylser products since my first car when I was 18 in 1981 a 70 Challenger RT. What I would give to have that car now. My last car a 2007 Sebring Touring.

After months of watching the reviews, I was very excited to drive my new 200. I finally I stepped on the pedal at the end of March. After 2 days of cruising, I decided to turned down the radio and listen to the quite ride and sounds of the car.

Starting at 35mph, I noticed wind noise coming through both rear doors near the quarter glass windows. It sounds like the rear windows cracked open, it is an astonishingly loud whoosing sound! I thought ok may they are not completely closed, so I brought it back to the dealer, they said they had not fix for it. Everything checked out, even though they heard the wind noice.

The dealer told me they called the Chrylser tech line and confirmed they had no fix either. It is evident that the engineers or factory screwed up somewhere and they are closing their eyes to it.

The dealer told me that another buyer complained about the same thing, but we are basically on our own, until enough of us raise a stink about it and force Chrysler to do something about the problem. WOW, I am so happy to do their job for them, what great customer service!

I recall(or maybe they should) watching some You Tube videos with the President and CEO of Chrylser and several design engineers at press outings and a preview at the LA auto show, saying the only part of the body that did not change was the roof line and doors. The car is quiter with sound dampening more than than the Sebring(which I traded in my 2007 and before that a 2004 and never had any issues with either car.)

Has anybody heard wind noise?

.....and I don't want to leave out the dead pedal 6 speed auto stick. There is zero responsiveness in D, it is actually dead until you ultimately punch it or use the make shift slap stick to downshift or should I say side shift!

What a major disappointment!

JimTeTe 05-10-2011 07:10 PM

Excellent writup and I don't blame you for being pissed ya got a right to be.

Just my 02 cents .....

Jim

huskers776 06-23-2011 02:57 PM

It's funny that the same thing with the wind noise is currently happening to me. The dealer said there is nothing wrong with the vehicle (basically I'm hearing things). They said it sounds like an exterior wind turbulence issue. Really? It's very frustrating because it is only coming from the right rear of the vehicle. If anyone figures this out please let me know because the dealer has no clue and is making me feel like I'm losing my mind.

Bro43 06-25-2011 10:27 AM

Mine does it too! I thought it was because I had the windows tinted and the tinter screwed something up. Ill say something when I take it in this week and see what happens. Im getting a new radio already because mine took a shit already.

Shaggy 07-04-2011 11:26 PM

Wow, already? So how did it all go when you brought it in?

Jawls 07-05-2011 12:45 AM

Don't give up, you are not hearing things and you're not crazy. I called Chrysler's customer service line complained loud and the dealer fixed my wind noise in both rear doors. It's the doors rubber moldings and also the trim piece that the 200 symbol is glue on. There are gaps, air gets in and it sounds like turbulence, they need to remove them and fill it.

I can fax or email my work order so that your dealer can see what they did and contact my dealers service manager.

There is still a problem, now I here wind noise through the front doors just at the B pillar.

I called the dealer, my 1st oil change is in 2 weeks. They will look at it.

Also, after a rain water accumulates on the front door sills and when you open the doors splash!

Dead gas pedal is getting worse and so is the gas milage!

Front shocks are starting to make a creaking noise like my '89 Daytona did.

Bill Pemberton 07-13-2011 01:14 PM

With MDS and Variable Valve timing , you may feel like the pedal is a bit dead with routine driving. I can live with that to get 28.5 to 30.5 on the highway and still have 283 ponies when I want them. Most of the new vehicles with electronic accerator pedal set-ups have a small amount of hesitation, but with the system set up on the Pentastar, I think alot of us will learn to live with it for the fuel savings. When you hit the loud pedal , though, watch out as it flies by 90 mph like it has a rocket pack in back.

Quality issues, in my case, none , after 1800 miles.

westy 08-08-2011 04:15 PM

This is my first post. I purchased a 200 S yesterday and love it. Its Tungsten, looks fantastic in the sun. I think the ride/handling trade off is right on (would like to eliminate some fender gap though) My favorite feature is the steering wheel, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep is putting this wheel on everything and it is the perfect size and thickness.
Jawls I am disapointed to hear that there could be build problems that no one will acknowledge. I am going to drive with no radio to see if I have the same problem, I will repost tomorrow and let you know.

westy 08-09-2011 12:46 PM

I checked for the wind noise and I dont think my car has the problem. I traded a lifted jeep with mud tires so my noise tollerance may be higher than normal.
Jawls can you post your work order for all of us.

westy 08-10-2011 10:49 AM

Have done some research about the throttle response. As Bill stats above the Pentastar is a "drive-by-wire" throttle. The hesitation is the programming on the throttle, to avoid "sudden unwanted acceleration" (i.e. toyota) all manufactors are programming the throttle to ramp up with travel. So for example you open the throttle 10% but the computer only calls up 7%. Your foot and computer dont sink until approx. 70% throttle. The hesitation you feel when you jump on it from a dead stop (traction control engaged or not) is what Chrysler refers to as "torque management". This again is tied into the drive-by-wire system and is designed to protect the drive train from sudden torque. Drive a new hemi equipped Grand Cherokee and the hesitation is much worse than in the 200. Aftermarket companies have plug in accelerator pedal connector's that take the ramp out of the throttle and also disables the torque management, so you get the throttle you want when you want it without electronic baby sitters. I have contacted Sprint Booster and they are developing one for the Pentastar. Here is the link http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

NC200 09-07-2011 11:55 AM

Just passed my one month mark, my first week i took it in for a faulty torque convertor sensor, it has a shuddering downshift while i'm slowing down from 20 to 0, and i noticed that both doors are rubbing the quarter panels which in turn have rubbed to the bare metal. is this chrysler's fault? BUT! this is my first brand new car, bought it for the wife and kids and feel like we can depend on our car to go wherever we want. Since i'm a very hands on and DIY kinda guy, knowing that i can't service the transmission or even check it really scares me, but its a new age and i guess it only gets more electronically complicated lol. everything's beautiful about the car.

hiredpen 09-12-2011 01:31 PM

2011 Chrysler 200 Limited

Just bought a 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited. Acceleration around town is a little sluggish at first. Are there performance modifications which can help?

westy 09-14-2011 03:31 PM

First welcome to the site. Do you have the 2.4l or the 3.6l. The 2.4l is a carry over and there are aftermarket performance upgrades for it (you will need to search Dodge Avenger upgrades though). I have been searching for 3.6l upgrades sense I purchased mine and although some are in the works nothing has come to market for this new engine. Once they do they will be marketed as Dodge Avenger parts (at least until people start upgrading 200's). Read my previous post about the sluggish feeling. Again welcome.

killian322 10-11-2011 09:07 PM

I recently bought a new 200 and so far its been really great, i gave up a 2007 Impala SS for this car. the 200 is my first non-GM car that i have owned and i am liking it very much. the only thing, is the trans, its geared too low for the first few gears then it runs like a champ. I would recommend this car.

ponyeater 10-23-2011 12:47 PM

I threw down the down payment on a new 200 s. I'm unfortunately cannot pick up the car until I return from the great big sand box. My wife and I test drove one before I left and I was very impressed with performance and value per dollar. I think this car will be a great addition to my 2006 Pontiac GTO so I don't have to drive that all year round.

ponyeater 10-23-2011 12:49 PM

Hiredpen- The only performance mod I have seen is a Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust. The engine and vehicle are to new AND there has to be a demand from 200/avenger owners for these mods. I seriously hope they make a Magnacharger for this engine, 300+ HP in this car would be sick!

BLACK11200 04-10-2012 08:22 AM

rear door wind noise

A little disapointed with my 200S, got it home july '11 driver's door and passenger door oout of line. Driver door rubbing front fender. Red overspray on passenger side of car. And the wind noise problem with the rear doors. All but the wind noise has been corrected, any help with the wind would be appreciated.

csmithson63 04-18-2012 04:59 PM

Bought a 2011 Chrysler 200 convertible in January of this year. We are having an issue with the front end making a loud clunking noise whenever it's being driven on uneven payment/roads, over speed bumps in parking garages, roads, parking lots. It starts making this noise after it's been driven for 30 miles or so. The farther it's driven, the louder and worse it gets.

We've had it into the dealer 3 times now. The first time they "couldn't reproduce the sound" so they torqued all the front end parts and called it good. This did not fix the noise.

The 2nd time the front end tech said "sounds like a strut", however they replaced the lower control arm instead of the strut.

This time it's been in the shop for 3 weeks, because I refuse to drive a car with front end issues. How can they possibly know it's safe to drive when they have no idea what it is? They ordered craddle bushings and just got them in, now they are waiting on Chrysler to tell the tech how to put them in.

The dealer has said they have even opened a "star case" with the Chrysler engineers, and we've been told that they haven't heard of anything like this.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so, was the dealer able to fix it, and what was the problem? This is frustrating as the vehicle only has 5,000 miles on it, and a new car should not sound like it's falling apart every time I drive it!! I would appreciate any feedback that anyone could provide.

Thanks!

BLACK11200 04-30-2012 07:49 PM

Tsb for rear psgr side door wind noise

took the car to the dealer today, ordered parts to fix wind noise. will let you know how it goes.

72combo 06-23-2012 12:27 PM

My son is supposed to pic his up Monday June25 but he is working so not sure his is getting a fully loaded 200 S Black with leather Nav Sunroof all the bells and whistles

BigC 07-19-2012 03:11 AM

Just drove it off the lot

Just got my 200 and I have to say that I am impressed. The styling is perfect not too much not too little. The ride is great and you can really feel the quality of the car. My only gripe is the unresponsiveness of the transmission. I really have to floor it to get it in the right gear for the "get up and go". Would dropping it down in the slide shifter help with this ? Other than that fantastic car.

JPeters 08-14-2012 06:35 PM

I bought my 200Touring about 4 weeks ago and sincerely enjoy the car. I am just out of college and it is the first car i have purchased. Roughly 7 days in to owning in the transmission fealt like it dropped, so I had it towed in and the dealership replaced a body valve in the transmission. Since then i have not had any problems.

cycoric 08-24-2012 11:06 PM

Had my S for a month now. It is a blast to drive. Took many cars in this category, above and below it. It may lack some things others have, but that is also reflected in the higher prices of competitors models, it has enough great features to make it feel loaded without having to worry about electrical problems down the road. The v6 is a beautiful engine. Only wish it could hit mid 30s on highway. Its not a light weight, but it is a safe chassis. It gets a high SMILE PER MILE rating from me. What more could i ask for.

mirrorman1 09-27-2013 06:43 PM

Great Ride

Bought my 200S 3.6 Sept. 2011 I have around 28000 miles on it to date. Shortly after taking delivery I purchased a cool air intake from Mopar, it was very easy to install only took about 35 to 40 minutes looks great and sounds awesome. Shortly after I went on a short 200 mile trip and achieved 31MPG at 65-70 MPH average, I think that is great for a car that can turn the 1/4 miles in 14.5 seconds at 98 MPH. The car has been totally trouble free, I change the oil & filter every 6000 miles and rotate the tires as well. Personally I think its a hell of a buy for the money, its got looks, comfort, excellent performance, and lots of content.
Go Chrysler keep up the good work can't wait to see the new 200.