Chrysler 200 Forum

Chrysler 200 Forum (http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chrysler 200 General Discussion (http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Backup Camera (http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17)

hiredpen 10-15-2011 11:47 AM

Backup Camera

Has anyone installed a backup camera? Should I go with the Mopar at $495 plus $325 for the sensor or buy the LockPick after market?

Love my 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited...

Amy

Shaggy 10-16-2011 12:18 AM

Hey Amy, welcome to the forum. Not sure if anyone has done it yet, but it probably similar to most other car setups. Is that dealer rates?

hiredpen 10-17-2011 12:21 PM

Yes, that is the prices without installation...argh!

hiredpen 10-17-2011 12:24 PM

If I buy a license plate backup camera, do I need to wire it through the car or under the chassis? Although I am an experience car stereo installer, I don't want to pull out the interior of my brand new car.

72combo 06-23-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiredpen (Post 90)
Has anyone installed a backup camera? Should I go with the Mopar at $495 plus $325 for the sensor or buy the LockPick after market?

Amy

I did it with lockpick since you get other options also with the lockpick, like depending on which version you can put up to 4 cameras I believe mine I put one in the front and the back and much easier to wire since you are not cutting into the factory wiring the plug that goes into your radio supplies all you need to the lockpick unit and all the hookups are there except the rca video cable that is on another harness on the back of your radio. You can view the cameras any time you want while driving front or back, you can set it so you can watch movies on your nav unit while driving, but that one get mixed emotions, you get a 12v supply that is not hooked into the BUS so you know you are not gonna screw things up. I like my lock pick,

200 08-20-2012 02:37 PM

On a 2012 200 with RHR, it initially did not work on my car. I got it all plugged in, carefully tucked wires into cavity under the radio, slid radio back in, re-connected 2 bezel connectors (clock and seats/hazard), went to start car... the car started for a second then shut down. The evic flashed "no bus" as the car auto shut off. Radio never woke up. Wonderful!

I called Coastaletech and they took my name and number saying a tech should call me back today. Thinking I shoulda got the V5. I've seen on "other forums" that folks were able to use the V5 module to connect cameras. What really ticks me off is that I called them before ordering to ensure the CHRY550 would work on a 2012 200 and they told I was good to go.

EDIT: Later same day... turns out the instructions that come with the Lockpick were wrong on the settings for dipswitches #2 and #3 on the Lockpick module. The 200 is a "Low Speed" vehicle application not "High Speed' as the instructions lead you to believe. Once I flipped the 2 dipswitches to "on" and reassembled everything, it all worked.

72combo 10-29-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Amy

Get the lockpick and a better cam than the factory supplies and you will not only be able to put a rear cam but a front and two sides also if you want and you can set your radio so you can watch dvds while in motion for the passenger of course and you can also add nav destinations on the keyboard instead of having to do them vocally I mean the passenger can of course :)

blackonblack 10-30-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Amy

I got a piece from www.NavTool.com , its the best product out there

manvsiowa 08-11-2014 11:11 AM

I had the nav tool installed last fall, it works incredibly well, and besides the actual purchase I had a friend wire it in for me, for just a hundred bucks and a case of beer :).

I forgot to mention this wasnt added to my 2011 chrysler 200-but my wifes crossover. I am not sure the Navtool is available for the 200 or not...

Luckett 05-08-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiredepen (Post 90)
Has anyone installed a backup camera? Should I go with the at $495 plus $325 for the sensor or buy the LockPick after market?

Amy

I have a backup camera and it's pretty handy but it is hard to tell distance with it sometimes.