View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
SGIFL

Default Front end issues

SpellingWe are having an issue with the front end making a loud clunking noise whenever it's being driven on uneven payment/roads, over speed bumps in parking garages, roads, parking lots.
It starts making this noise after it's been driven for 100 miles or so. The farther it's driven the louder and worse it gets.
When it is stopped for an hour or two it is quiet as can be --starts up again after driving 100 miles or so.
I was on the road this weekend to Charlotte NC and stopped in to Lake Norman Chrysler Jeep, when they checked it out the noise was not there the car had been sitting over night-- they checked out the front end and their technician said that they had some complaints; He retorqued the Cradle and lower control arms. After driving a couple hundred miles it started again.
On the Chrysler Fourm http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31

There are many complaints—one shown below

[Mine would start after I had been driving it awhile, usually after 40 - 50 miles. Adam at Allan Samuels Dodge opened a Star Ticket with the engineers, so the engineers at Chrysler DO KNOW about this issue. I took my car in when it was making the noise and had the front end tech ride with me. He actually did this twice. It took them forever to "recreate" the noise, but since Adam had heard it he knew there was something wrong. Now that they have changed the sway bar bushings and sway bar mounts, I have not heard it again. I picked my car back up on April 21, and it's still good. They told me the same thing the first 2 times I took my car in - they LOOKED at the front end and didn't see anything. That's when I decided to take it in and have someone ride with me when it as making the noise. Then they knew I wasn't crazy!! Good Luck!]
Call us for pickup

MY RESULTSOct 15,2013

They re-torqued all underneath ans replaced both right and left stabilizer links see link
http://www.autopartsmopar.com/parts-...and-components

Will tale a trip longer than 100-200 miles in mext few weeks. WILL POST results SGIFL

Last edited by SGIFL; 12-13-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
SGIFL is offline   Reply With Quote