View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
nspatial

Default 200 Front end clunk, FIXED.

I write this for all of you out there having unresolved front end clunking issues with the 200. As you will see in my previous posts, I was having this issue that took well over two months to fix. In summation, here are the parts replaced:

Both left and right struts
Both sides inner and outer tie rods
Steering shaft
both lower control arms
cradle was re-torqued.
Engine was unbolted and re-attached to cradle
two four-wheel alignments

In the end, as a result of Chrysler engineers, a new tie rod was created for both sides. Instead of the normal rubber type bushing, the new part is a semi-metallic composition.

There is supposed to be a TB issued in the near future; as of yet, I don't know the number, but I will post it for you all when I get it. So far, the car is now rock-steady, and that is after I drove it "very aggressively :-)". I did this since I have almost exhausted my bumper to bumper warranty, and wanted to speed along the process of the lemon law.

In terms of the lemon law, I am still pursuing this, as my car was having this issue since 3000 miles, and after multiple complaints, and being told that the bushings will "seat", and two months bringing the car back to the shop 3 times a week, only drive it long enough to fill up the tank, and have the car returned on empty from the "test drives". I actually was terminated from my job for "too much missed time" due to this problem, so I just want the car gone.

My lawyers said I only have a couple of more days before Chrysler has to give me their first decision on my car, but flat out, I will never be happy with this car, or the 200 again, until they change the components.

That being said, I already picked out my next car, a black 300C with the Pentastar and all of the toys. Just waiting to finalize the deal. Good luck everyone!
nspatial is offline   Reply With Quote