Thread: Backup Camera
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #6

On a 2012 200 with RHR, it initially did not work on my car. I got it all plugged in, carefully tucked wires into cavity under the radio, slid radio back in, re-connected 2 bezel connectors (clock and seats/hazard), went to start car... the car started for a second then shut down. The evic flashed "no bus" as the car auto shut off. Radio never woke up. Wonderful!

I called Coastaletech and they took my name and number saying a tech should call me back today. Thinking I shoulda got the V5. I've seen on "other forums" that folks were able to use the V5 module to connect cameras. What really ticks me off is that I called them before ordering to ensure the CHRY550 would work on a 2012 200 and they told I was good to go.

EDIT: Later same day... turns out the instructions that come with the Lockpick were wrong on the settings for dipswitches #2 and #3 on the Lockpick module. The 200 is a "Low Speed" vehicle application not "High Speed' as the instructions lead you to believe. Once I flipped the 2 dipswitches to "on" and reassembled everything, it all worked.

Last edited by 200; 08-21-2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Got it to work!
200 is offline   Reply With Quote