View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
nspatial

Default Update on 2013 200S troubleshooting/repairs.

I too, have one of the plagued 200's. First, I loved the car, but now, quite frankly, it is at the point that I don't even want to look at this car anymore.

I started hearing the "clunking" sound at around 6K miles. I brought the car in for an oil change, and described the sound. The technician said he couldn't replicate the issue, but it was probably just a bushing that was seating.

Within a week, I had to take the car to Florida, and it took me a while to find the time and a reputable dealer to take a look at a vehicle. After the dealer (Jacksonville, FL) spent almost a week, they opened the first 5-star service ticket. No solution was found. A couple of weeks, I took the car to Tallahasee Dodge, and they too opened a star ticket. This time, they heard the noise, and re-torqued the cars steering connecting rod, and deemed the issue resolved. After 12 miles, the sound was back, and increased in frequency, volume and also began making the same sound on the right side too.

About two months later, I brought the car back to the dealer where I purchased the car, in Pennsylvania, and have basically had the car sitting for three weeks now.

Week 1: "5-Star" case was opened with Chrysler. After two days, the decision was made to order a new strut for the drivers side front. A control arm and bushing was also ordered.

Parts arrived the next day, but the dealership did not put the parts in until the following day (Thursday). After test-drive, the technician said not sound was found.

Upon driving it 7 miles, the sound was back, with no changes. Steering and suspension damping/rebound was markedly different now between the right and left side.

I returned car to dealer, and notified issue was not fixed, and the difference in steering and suspension. I was told that the car would now need a 4 wheel alignment; get this, at MY cost, but yet, the ONLY reason my car needs an alignment is due to warranty service and parts replacement. I am currently "negotiating" with Chrysler on this.

Week 2: Now, a steering shaft was ordered. Two days receive the part and even think about starting repair. By the end of that day, I called Service manager, and he informed me the car was done.

Week 3: Currently, steering shaft was replaced. I took the car for a test drive yesterday, after being told it was fixed. Wrong! The car is HORRIBLE now.

In addition to the original noise, I now have the marked suspension rebound/damping differences to contend with, now, I have a very scary grinding noise and thunking when braking or turning. When I stopped this morning, on my way to dealership (air temp 55 degrees), the grinding and clicking coming from my front left tire, sounded like it had sand in the CV joint. Then a horrible scraping and thunking noise was observed.

After telling the service manager yesterday, that I could not hang around, due to massive loss of wages (I work in computers, and lose about 450 dollars a day), I ended up spending 9 hours at the dealership, waiting for the tech to free up, to test my car, and call chrysler.

At the end of today, supposedly chrysler said to put a special grease on the parts, and have me take the car out. I said no. I know have NO confidence in the car, the mechanic or Chrysler. I will be fighting with Chrysler again tomorrow, and I already have a lemon law lawyer. One way or another, I will NEVER drive or own another 200 until they fix this issue and own the responsibilty.
nspatial is offline   Reply With Quote