View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
MikeM

Exclamation Chrysler 200 Front End Noise

I bought a leftover brand new 2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible in January 2012. In the spring of 2012 I started to hear a loud clanking noise from the front end. The noise was only heard after the car was driven for 25-30 miles or so and was warmed up. It made the noise when going over changes in elevation quickly on the road and/or bumps. Picture going over a speed bump it would make the clunk/clank noise as the shock/strut compressed going up and down. Clunk - Clunk.

It was obnoxious and I brought it to the dealer as soon as I could so it would get fixed while under warranty. Well I was assured the problem was fixed.

I have made a total of 5 trips to the same dealer for this specific issue since buying this vehicle. The last 4 trips were all in a 3 month span. I was told it was the control arms, the struts, the linking something, and then lastly the engine mount. The noise is still there. I have lost all patience. I am pursuing other options. This issue is inexcusable and I am very unsettled that Chrysler either doesn't know what the problem is or they have not figured out a way to resolve it.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote