View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
ktaylorm

PHEW... for a minute I thought I was nuts until I started reading this thread. Have a 2011 200 Ltd. with 20,000 miles that has had front end issues since day one. Within a week of having the car it had to be aligned because it pulled so bad to the right I couldn't let go of the steering wheel. Not a week later I had it back in the shop for a clunking noise in the right front; they replaced a brake caliber but noise is still there. For the past three or four months the front end noise has gotten so bad it sounds like it's going to fall apart. Took the car into the shop and they look at everything and said they couldn't find anything. Still have the noise and now I have a shimmy from 40mph-60mph; they said it was tires out of balance. Have had the tires balanced two times in as many months and still have the shimmy and still have the front end clunking, rattling, junk car falling apart noise. When I drive over roads that have bumps the steering wheel bounces and shakes like a ping pong ball on a tournament table. I'm a proud American but this will be my last American car if this is what one considers "normal". So back to the garage I go and let's see what they don't find this time. The companies who balanced my tires suggested it might be a bad axle - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I could suggest they check that.
ktaylorm is offline   Reply With Quote