View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #25
Boblcraft

Default Front End Issues

I had two Chyrsler Sebrings'- 2009 Limited Hardtop Convertible and a 2010 Sedan Touring. The 2009 convertible started the clunking sound on the driver's side at about 2000 miles. The dealer replaced the CV joint, struts and finally the rack and pinion. It corrected it for about 3000 miles and the noise returned. The dealer replaced the rack and pinion for a second time and it corrected the problem. I subsequently drove the vehicle to 141,000 miles and no noise. The 2010 Sedan started the noise at about 40,000 miles and although we had experience with the 2009 and the same noise the dealer thought it was the driver side CV joint. It correct the noise for about 10,000 miles and the clunking returned. He then still refused to accept the rack and opinion proof and replaced the struts. The noise went away for about 5000 miles then returned. Upon review, the previously replaced CV joint on the driver side started leaking. They replaced the boot. The noise remained until I sold the car at 143,000 miles. My money is on the rack and pinion unit.

Two things strike me- (1) Chrysler HAS TO ABSOLUTELY BE AWARE OF THIS! This is nonsense that they hide from it. (2) The rack and pinion units are almost always on back order according to my dealer.

Last edited by Boblcraft; 09-10-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Boblcraft is offline   Reply With Quote