Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 Engine & Performance

Chrysler 200 Engine & Performance Discuss Engine and Performance mods for your Chrysler 200 here.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
jimmy2

Default not hot

hi guys, just took my wife's 2012 200 out for a ride (shopping) and it wouldn't get above 1/4 in temp gauge, the outside temp was about 33' and winds were at about 40 mph. I checked it out when I got home and the reservoir was full, no hoses leaking but the hoses felt soft. opened cap on the coolant tank and it did have some pressure behind it. I also found a bleeder on the thermostat and opened it up while it was running and coolant did come out. in the garage the temp did rise to almost 1/2 point. is it normal for the 3.8 v6 to do that? my only thought would be a stuck thermostat in the open position. anybody have this happen and what was it? thanks a lot for your input!!
jimmy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:50 PM   #2
jimmy2

update... thermostat replaced, pia to get to bottom bolt, nothing looked bad added new one everything is fine!!! rechecked old thermostat found pin to be VERY HARD to move, thought on this, it would open but not at right temp(colder) then would not close at all after that!
jimmy2 is offline   Reply With Quote