Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 General Discussion

Chrysler 200 General Discussion Discuss anything in general about yourChrysler 200 that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
huskers776

It's funny that the same thing with the wind noise is currently happening to me. The dealer said there is nothing wrong with the vehicle (basically I'm hearing things). They said it sounds like an exterior wind turbulence issue. Really? It's very frustrating because it is only coming from the right rear of the vehicle. If anyone figures this out please let me know because the dealer has no clue and is making me feel like I'm losing my mind.
huskers776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
Bro43

Mine does it too! I thought it was because I had the windows tinted and the tinter screwed something up. Ill say something when I take it in this week and see what happens. Im getting a new radio already because mine took a shit already.
Bro43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Shaggy
Administrator

Wow, already? So how did it all go when you brought it in?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #14
Jawls

Don't give up, you are not hearing things and you're not crazy. I called Chrysler's customer service line complained loud and the dealer fixed my wind noise in both rear doors. It's the doors rubber moldings and also the trim piece that the 200 symbol is glue on. There are gaps, air gets in and it sounds like turbulence, they need to remove them and fill it.

I can fax or email my work order so that your dealer can see what they did and contact my dealers service manager.

There is still a problem, now I here wind noise through the front doors just at the B pillar.

I called the dealer, my 1st oil change is in 2 weeks. They will look at it.

Also, after a rain water accumulates on the front door sills and when you open the doors splash!

Dead gas pedal is getting worse and so is the gas milage!

Front shocks are starting to make a creaking noise like my '89 Daytona did.
Jawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #15
Bill Pemberton

With MDS and Variable Valve timing , you may feel like the pedal is a bit dead with routine driving. I can live with that to get 28.5 to 30.5 on the highway and still have 283 ponies when I want them. Most of the new vehicles with electronic accerator pedal set-ups have a small amount of hesitation, but with the system set up on the Pentastar, I think alot of us will learn to live with it for the fuel savings. When you hit the loud pedal , though, watch out as it flies by 90 mph like it has a rocket pack in back.

Quality issues, in my case, none , after 1800 miles.
Bill Pemberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
westy

This is my first post. I purchased a 200 S yesterday and love it. Its Tungsten, looks fantastic in the sun. I think the ride/handling trade off is right on (would like to eliminate some fender gap though) My favorite feature is the steering wheel, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep is putting this wheel on everything and it is the perfect size and thickness.
Jawls I am disapointed to hear that there could be build problems that no one will acknowledge. I am going to drive with no radio to see if I have the same problem, I will repost tomorrow and let you know.
westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
westy

I checked for the wind noise and I dont think my car has the problem. I traded a lifted jeep with mud tires so my noise tollerance may be higher than normal.
Jawls can you post your work order for all of us.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
westy

Have done some research about the throttle response. As Bill stats above the Pentastar is a "drive-by-wire" throttle. The hesitation is the programming on the throttle, to avoid "sudden unwanted acceleration" (i.e. toyota) all manufactors are programming the throttle to ramp up with travel. So for example you open the throttle 10% but the computer only calls up 7%. Your foot and computer dont sink until approx. 70% throttle. The hesitation you feel when you jump on it from a dead stop (traction control engaged or not) is what Chrysler refers to as "torque management". This again is tied into the drive-by-wire system and is designed to protect the drive train from sudden torque. Drive a new hemi equipped Grand Cherokee and the hesitation is much worse than in the 200. Aftermarket companies have plug in accelerator pedal connector's that take the ramp out of the throttle and also disables the torque management, so you get the throttle you want when you want it without electronic baby sitters. I have contacted Sprint Booster and they are developing one for the Pentastar. Here is the link http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

Last edited by westy; 08-10-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
NC200

Just passed my one month mark, my first week i took it in for a faulty torque convertor sensor, it has a shuddering downshift while i'm slowing down from 20 to 0, and i noticed that both doors are rubbing the quarter panels which in turn have rubbed to the bare metal. is this chrysler's fault? BUT! this is my first brand new car, bought it for the wife and kids and feel like we can depend on our car to go wherever we want. Since i'm a very hands on and DIY kinda guy, knowing that i can't service the transmission or even check it really scares me, but its a new age and i guess it only gets more electronically complicated lol. everything's beautiful about the car.
NC200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #20
hiredpen

Default 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited

Just bought a 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited. Acceleration around town is a little sluggish at first. Are there performance modifications which can help?
hiredpen is offline   Reply With Quote