Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 Engine & Performance

Chrysler 200 Engine & Performance Discuss Engine and Performance mods for your Chrysler 200 here.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
furdude

Angry 2011 Chrysler 200 Stalling

My 2011 Chrysler 200 started stalling right at 47,000 miles. It only stalls upon first start in the morning. The check engine light initially never came on. The Chrysler dealership immediately replaced the fuel tank, but not the fuel pump/filter.
Then, the next month, the stalling happened again - first start in the morning, while driving through parking lot and then the check engine light came on just as I hit public traffic. That diagnostic code was "misfire", but the dealership could not get the issue to reoccur, so I got the car back.
This morning, it happened again - violent jerking, sputtering, check engine light was blinking and the chime was ringing; by the time I got it to the dealership (.25 miles) it had smoothed out, and again, they could not find any issue.
I'm not pleased with the "gremlin" aspect that Chrysler is taking with this issue! My vehicle is a danger on the public roads!
Any suggestions on what I can do to make Chrysler take this issue seriously?
furdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
furdude

Have got a Chrysler case manager working on this; today dealership "thinks" it may be the crankshaft sensor; Chrysler case manager is talking to dealership to see why they did not replace the fuel filter/pump at the same time in July when they replaced the fuel tank; still remains a mystery.
furdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
Shaggy
Administrator

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote