Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 Wheels, Tires & Supension

Chrysler 200 Wheels, Tires & Supension Discuss Wheels, Tires, & Suspension for the Chrysler 200 here.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
SGIFL

What Fixed it??? My 2012 200S doing the same--cradle was re torqued 26K miles
SGIFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
JonnyTbone

Question Front End Noise just went away

I took it in to Chrysler, but they could never find a problem. It just stopped making the noise after after putting on miles. Makes you wonder if something in the suspension wasn't seated properly, then did so on its own after driving a while. Very strange.
JonnyTbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
nspatial

Default Update on 2013 200S troubleshooting/repairs.

I too, have one of the plagued 200's. First, I loved the car, but now, quite frankly, it is at the point that I don't even want to look at this car anymore.

I started hearing the "clunking" sound at around 6K miles. I brought the car in for an oil change, and described the sound. The technician said he couldn't replicate the issue, but it was probably just a bushing that was seating.

Within a week, I had to take the car to Florida, and it took me a while to find the time and a reputable dealer to take a look at a vehicle. After the dealer (Jacksonville, FL) spent almost a week, they opened the first 5-star service ticket. No solution was found. A couple of weeks, I took the car to Tallahasee Dodge, and they too opened a star ticket. This time, they heard the noise, and re-torqued the cars steering connecting rod, and deemed the issue resolved. After 12 miles, the sound was back, and increased in frequency, volume and also began making the same sound on the right side too.

About two months later, I brought the car back to the dealer where I purchased the car, in Pennsylvania, and have basically had the car sitting for three weeks now.

Week 1: "5-Star" case was opened with Chrysler. After two days, the decision was made to order a new strut for the drivers side front. A control arm and bushing was also ordered.

Parts arrived the next day, but the dealership did not put the parts in until the following day (Thursday). After test-drive, the technician said not sound was found.

Upon driving it 7 miles, the sound was back, with no changes. Steering and suspension damping/rebound was markedly different now between the right and left side.

I returned car to dealer, and notified issue was not fixed, and the difference in steering and suspension. I was told that the car would now need a 4 wheel alignment; get this, at MY cost, but yet, the ONLY reason my car needs an alignment is due to warranty service and parts replacement. I am currently "negotiating" with Chrysler on this.

Week 2: Now, a steering shaft was ordered. Two days receive the part and even think about starting repair. By the end of that day, I called Service manager, and he informed me the car was done.

Week 3: Currently, steering shaft was replaced. I took the car for a test drive yesterday, after being told it was fixed. Wrong! The car is HORRIBLE now.

In addition to the original noise, I now have the marked suspension rebound/damping differences to contend with, now, I have a very scary grinding noise and thunking when braking or turning. When I stopped this morning, on my way to dealership (air temp 55 degrees), the grinding and clicking coming from my front left tire, sounded like it had sand in the CV joint. Then a horrible scraping and thunking noise was observed.

After telling the service manager yesterday, that I could not hang around, due to massive loss of wages (I work in computers, and lose about 450 dollars a day), I ended up spending 9 hours at the dealership, waiting for the tech to free up, to test my car, and call chrysler.

At the end of today, supposedly chrysler said to put a special grease on the parts, and have me take the car out. I said no. I know have NO confidence in the car, the mechanic or Chrysler. I will be fighting with Chrysler again tomorrow, and I already have a lemon law lawyer. One way or another, I will NEVER drive or own another 200 until they fix this issue and own the responsibilty.
nspatial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #14
nspatial

Default trouble still exists.

Now, right strut and control arms have been changed. For those of you keeping score; both struts, mounts, control arms and all bushings are new. Steering shaft was retorqued twice, then replaced.
All engine and transmission bolts have been loosened and retorqued. Alignment has been done twice, and yet, problem remains. Finally contacted lemon lawyers 4 months suffering through trial and error is enough! I'm spending 2-3 days a week at the dealers,multiple tanks of gas for test rides and rental cars. Give me a damn new car, and no; not another 200 S!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
jbolash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I bought a leftover brand new 2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible in January 2012. In the spring of 2012 I started to hear a loud clanking noise from the front end. The noise was only heard after the car was driven for 25-30 miles or so and was warmed up. It made the noise when going over changes in elevation quickly on the road and/or bumps. Picture going over a speed bump it would make the clunk/clank noise as the shock/strut compressed going up and down. Clunk - Clunk.

It was obnoxious and I brought it to the dealer as soon as I could so it would get fixed while under warranty. Well I was assured the problem was fixed.

I have made a total of 5 trips to the same dealer for this specific issue since buying this vehicle. The last 4 trips were all in a 3 month span. I was told it was the control arms, the struts, the linking something, and then lastly the engine mount. The noise is still there. I have lost all patience. I am pursuing other options. This issue is inexcusable and I am very unsettled that Chrysler either doesn't know what the problem is or they have not figured out a way to resolve it.
Same problem with my 200 ,4 trips so far to the dealer. They just ordered sway bar bushings They are only guessing . find a fix [email protected]
jbolash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
likels

hmm.. front struts, and additional repairs totaling over $5000.. really don't want to keep the car now.. I am afraid of it
likels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
SGIFL

Default Front end issues

SpellingWe are having an issue with the front end making a loud clunking noise whenever it's being driven on uneven payment/roads, over speed bumps in parking garages, roads, parking lots.
It starts making this noise after it's been driven for 100 miles or so. The farther it's driven the louder and worse it gets.
When it is stopped for an hour or two it is quiet as can be --starts up again after driving 100 miles or so.
I was on the road this weekend to Charlotte NC and stopped in to Lake Norman Chrysler Jeep, when they checked it out the noise was not there the car had been sitting over night-- they checked out the front end and their technician said that they had some complaints; He retorqued the Cradle and lower control arms. After driving a couple hundred miles it started again.
On the Chrysler Fourm http://www.chrysler200.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31

There are many complaints—one shown below

[Mine would start after I had been driving it awhile, usually after 40 - 50 miles. Adam at Allan Samuels Dodge opened a Star Ticket with the engineers, so the engineers at Chrysler DO KNOW about this issue. I took my car in when it was making the noise and had the front end tech ride with me. He actually did this twice. It took them forever to "recreate" the noise, but since Adam had heard it he knew there was something wrong. Now that they have changed the sway bar bushings and sway bar mounts, I have not heard it again. I picked my car back up on April 21, and it's still good. They told me the same thing the first 2 times I took my car in - they LOOKED at the front end and didn't see anything. That's when I decided to take it in and have someone ride with me when it as making the noise. Then they knew I wasn't crazy!! Good Luck!]
Call us for pickup

MY RESULTSOct 15,2013

They re-torqued all underneath ans replaced both right and left stabilizer links see link
http://www.autopartsmopar.com/parts-...and-components

Will tale a trip longer than 100-200 miles in mext few weeks. WILL POST results SGIFL

Last edited by SGIFL; 12-13-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
SGIFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
jbolash

yes I have a carbon copy of your problem.I have been at the dealer 4 times. I notice when it is damp out that the noise is not as bad, The next part that they are replacing sway bar bushings.If someone finds the problem please let us know. Also a Star case .
jbolash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
nspatial

Default 200 Front end clunk, FIXED.

I write this for all of you out there having unresolved front end clunking issues with the 200. As you will see in my previous posts, I was having this issue that took well over two months to fix. In summation, here are the parts replaced:

Both left and right struts
Both sides inner and outer tie rods
Steering shaft
both lower control arms
cradle was re-torqued.
Engine was unbolted and re-attached to cradle
two four-wheel alignments

In the end, as a result of Chrysler engineers, a new tie rod was created for both sides. Instead of the normal rubber type bushing, the new part is a semi-metallic composition.

There is supposed to be a TB issued in the near future; as of yet, I don't know the number, but I will post it for you all when I get it. So far, the car is now rock-steady, and that is after I drove it "very aggressively :-)". I did this since I have almost exhausted my bumper to bumper warranty, and wanted to speed along the process of the lemon law.

In terms of the lemon law, I am still pursuing this, as my car was having this issue since 3000 miles, and after multiple complaints, and being told that the bushings will "seat", and two months bringing the car back to the shop 3 times a week, only drive it long enough to fill up the tank, and have the car returned on empty from the "test drives". I actually was terminated from my job for "too much missed time" due to this problem, so I just want the car gone.

My lawyers said I only have a couple of more days before Chrysler has to give me their first decision on my car, but flat out, I will never be happy with this car, or the 200 again, until they change the components.

That being said, I already picked out my next car, a black 300C with the Pentastar and all of the toys. Just waiting to finalize the deal. Good luck everyone!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
SGIFL

Lost the reply to my post. But the both front stabilizer links were replaced and I just finished a 2000mile trip and THERE ARE NO NOISES

FRONT SUSPENSION/STABILIZER BAR & COMPONENTS for 2013 Chrysler 200

Exploded Auto Parts Diagram
No. Part Number Description List Price Our Price
1 68080525AA STABILIZER BAR $142.00 $99.16 Add to Cart
ALL
2 5168245AA STABILIZER BAR BUSHING RIGHT $16.60 $11.64 Add to Cart
ALL
2 5168245AA STABILIZER BAR BUSHING LEFT $16.60 $11.64 Add to Cart
ALL
3 5151025AA STABILIZER BAR CLAMP RIGHT $7.50 $5.27 Add to Cart
3 5151025AA STABILIZER BAR CLAMP LEFT $7.50 $5.27 Add to Cart
4 6104418AA STABILIZER BAR SCREW LEFT $2.60 $1.81 Add to Cart