Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 General Discussion

Chrysler 200 General Discussion Discuss anything in general about yourChrysler 200 that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
Wanda

Default idiot proof 2015 200

I realize that Chrysler went to extreme measures to idiot proof their 2015 200. But here's my beef: I recently purchased a 2015 200 for my 83 year old Mom. She is as active and mentally and physically astute as a 50 year old. But she is from an era that didn't even have flush toilets when she was a little girl and although stereo typing women she might understand what a parking brake was in every car she has driven for the last 70 years here in the Texas flat lands neither her or I have ever ever used one. When I saw her electronic parking brake I just cringed. I know that even for myself that if it was set I wouldn't even think to see if it was set before I dialed into drive and took off...mainly because I never ever set the parking break in my entire life when it was a manual step with the left foot or a pull of the handle in later year small sports type cars. I know that Chrysler tried their best to idiot proof their 200's by making sure that if some idiot came to a stop and opened the door without putting the car in park that it would set the parking brake automatically to keep the car from rolling down hill and crashing into something. That's great. But the positioning of the electronic button right out in the middle of the console renders itself a danger to kids accidently pressing it at highway speeds or the same idiot they are trying to safeguard against from pressing it while cruising at highway speeds. I know that you or me would not be in such a category but if you are going to idiot proof something don't exchange one danger for another. Rant over ...thanks for the opportunity to rant to Chrysler on this forum because Chrysler gave me no place to rant on their own site. I must say other than that one thing...the 2015 200S is a great vehicle in it's price range for sure!

Last edited by Wanda; 08-19-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote