Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 General Discussion

Chrysler 200 General Discussion Discuss anything in general about yourChrysler 200 that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Shaggy
Administrator

Default Anyone own a 200 yet

Does anyone own a chrysler 200 yet?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Korny

I don't own one yet, but look forward on test driving one.
Korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
rdhans32

We just bought 200Ltd. and we love it. Drives great, love the performance and the hands free phone (new for us).
rdhans32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
JimTeTe

There ya go Bud and Welcome ....

Jim
JimTeTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Gene

The only negative thing that I find worth noting is the rear seat leg room. I have a daughter that is still in a toddler child seat and her feet are always within reach of the back of my seat. In my prior car, Sonata, I was able to move my seat up far enough to get out of reach of her pesky kicking! ;-) The 200 is just that much shorter than my Sonata and that little fact is the only thing I can complain about! LOL
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
Shaggy
Administrator

Post up pics when you can and thanks for joining us here on Chrysler200.com!
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Bro43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
The only negative thing that I find worth noting is the rear seat leg room. I have a daughter that is still in a toddler child seat and her feet are always within reach of the back of my seat. In my prior car, Sonata, I was able to move my seat up far enough to get out of reach of her pesky kicking! ;-) The 200 is just that much shorter than my Sonata and that little fact is the only thing I can complain about! LOL
I must be short because my 2 year old fits with leg room haha.
Bro43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
JimTeTe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro43 View Post
I must be short because my 2 year old fits with leg room haha.
You not Short, just put together efficiantly ....

Jim
Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
Jawls

I have owned only Chrylser products since my first car when I was 18 in 1981 a 70 Challenger RT. What I would give to have that car now. My last car a 2007 Sebring Touring.

After months of watching the reviews, I was very excited to drive my new 200. I finally I stepped on the pedal at the end of March. After 2 days of cruising, I decided to turned down the radio and listen to the quite ride and sounds of the car.

Starting at 35mph, I noticed wind noise coming through both rear doors near the quarter glass windows. It sounds like the rear windows cracked open, it is an astonishingly loud whoosing sound! I thought ok may they are not completely closed, so I brought it back to the dealer, they said they had not fix for it. Everything checked out, even though they heard the wind noice.

The dealer told me they called the Chrylser tech line and confirmed they had no fix either. It is evident that the engineers or factory screwed up somewhere and they are closing their eyes to it.

The dealer told me that another buyer complained about the same thing, but we are basically on our own, until enough of us raise a stink about it and force Chrysler to do something about the problem. WOW, I am so happy to do their job for them, what great customer service!

I recall(or maybe they should) watching some You Tube videos with the President and CEO of Chrylser and several design engineers at press outings and a preview at the LA auto show, saying the only part of the body that did not change was the roof line and doors. The car is quiter with sound dampening more than than the Sebring(which I traded in my 2007 and before that a 2004 and never had any issues with either car.)

Has anybody heard wind noise?

.....and I don't want to leave out the dead pedal 6 speed auto stick. There is zero responsiveness in D, it is actually dead until you ultimately punch it or use the make shift slap stick to downshift or should I say side shift!

What a major disappointment!
Jawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
JimTeTe

Excellent writup and I don't blame you for being pissed ya got a right to be.

Just my 02 cents .....

Jim