Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 General Discussion

Chrysler 200 General Discussion Discuss anything in general about yourChrysler 200 that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #21
westy

First welcome to the site. Do you have the 2.4l or the 3.6l. The 2.4l is a carry over and there are aftermarket performance upgrades for it (you will need to search Dodge Avenger upgrades though). I have been searching for 3.6l upgrades sense I purchased mine and although some are in the works nothing has come to market for this new engine. Once they do they will be marketed as Dodge Avenger parts (at least until people start upgrading 200's). Read my previous post about the sluggish feeling. Again welcome.
westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #22
killian322

I recently bought a new 200 and so far its been really great, i gave up a 2007 Impala SS for this car. the 200 is my first non-GM car that i have owned and i am liking it very much. the only thing, is the trans, its geared too low for the first few gears then it runs like a champ. I would recommend this car.
killian322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #23
ponyeater

I threw down the down payment on a new 200 s. I'm unfortunately cannot pick up the car until I return from the great big sand box. My wife and I test drove one before I left and I was very impressed with performance and value per dollar. I think this car will be a great addition to my 2006 Pontiac GTO so I don't have to drive that all year round.
ponyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
ponyeater

Hiredpen- The only performance mod I have seen is a Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust. The engine and vehicle are to new AND there has to be a demand from 200/avenger owners for these mods. I seriously hope they make a Magnacharger for this engine, 300+ HP in this car would be sick!
ponyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #25
BLACK11200

Default rear door wind noise

A little disapointed with my 200S, got it home july '11 driver's door and passenger door oout of line. Driver door rubbing front fender. Red overspray on passenger side of car. And the wind noise problem with the rear doors. All but the wind noise has been corrected, any help with the wind would be appreciated.
BLACK11200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #26
csmithson63

Bought a 2011 Chrysler 200 convertible in January of this year. We are having an issue with the front end making a loud clunking noise whenever it's being driven on uneven payment/roads, over speed bumps in parking garages, roads, parking lots. It starts making this noise after it's been driven for 30 miles or so. The farther it's driven, the louder and worse it gets.

We've had it into the dealer 3 times now. The first time they "couldn't reproduce the sound" so they torqued all the front end parts and called it good. This did not fix the noise.

The 2nd time the front end tech said "sounds like a strut", however they replaced the lower control arm instead of the strut.

This time it's been in the shop for 3 weeks, because I refuse to drive a car with front end issues. How can they possibly know it's safe to drive when they have no idea what it is? They ordered craddle bushings and just got them in, now they are waiting on Chrysler to tell the tech how to put them in.

The dealer has said they have even opened a "star case" with the Chrysler engineers, and we've been told that they haven't heard of anything like this.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so, was the dealer able to fix it, and what was the problem? This is frustrating as the vehicle only has 5,000 miles on it, and a new car should not sound like it's falling apart every time I drive it!! I would appreciate any feedback that anyone could provide.

Thanks!
csmithson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
BLACK11200

Default Tsb for rear psgr side door wind noise

took the car to the dealer today, ordered parts to fix wind noise. will let you know how it goes.
BLACK11200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #28
72combo

My son is supposed to pic his up Monday June25 but he is working so not sure his is getting a fully loaded 200 S Black with leather Nav Sunroof all the bells and whistles
72combo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #29
BigC

Thumbs up Just drove it off the lot

Just got my 200 and I have to say that I am impressed. The styling is perfect not too much not too little. The ride is great and you can really feel the quality of the car. My only gripe is the unresponsiveness of the transmission. I really have to floor it to get it in the right gear for the "get up and go". Would dropping it down in the slide shifter help with this ? Other than that fantastic car.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #30
JPeters

I bought my 200Touring about 4 weeks ago and sincerely enjoy the car. I am just out of college and it is the first car i have purchased. Roughly 7 days in to owning in the transmission fealt like it dropped, so I had it towed in and the dealership replaced a body valve in the transmission. Since then i have not had any problems.
JPeters is offline   Reply With Quote