Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 General Discussion

Chrysler 200 General Discussion Discuss anything in general about yourChrysler 200 that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Lyn

Exclamation Possible design flaw...????

I own a 2012 200 convertible, and I really love it!! I have run into a situation that is interesting, though...
In the trunk, right side, is the wiring harness that feeds various things in and around the trunk and trunk lid. It is routed from down inside the trunk, through a protective channel and comes out at the back end making a sharp 180 degree bend to feed the top switches and other "stuff" on the lid.
Continually opening and closing the trunk forces the bends that area of the harness, and you know what happens if you keep bending a wire; it breaks!!
I have had the harness repaired under warranty; there were two or three wires that needed repair. Now that I am out of warranty, I've noticed another possible wire break. When the top is raised or lowered, you get the "top operation complete" message. I opened and closed the top a couple of times and got the message "top not secure", although all other operations were normal. I jiggled and pushed on the 180 degree bend area and the problem went away.
I'm really concerned what Chrysler will say about this problem, as it's something that will remain as long as that harness has the sharp bend in it.
Comments, please.
Lyn, Petersburg, VA
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote