Go Back   Chrysler 200 Forum > Chrysler 200 General Discussions > Chrysler 200 General Discussion

Chrysler 200 General Discussion Discuss anything in general about yourChrysler 200 that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
scomp

Default 2014 transmission issues

less than 3000 miles on my car and have had in in dealership 6 times! tranny not shifting correct,engine light comes on.they have replaced 2 valve bodys,a sensor and updated computer and still has issues. anyone else with same problems?
scomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
bayguy

I had a 2012 200S that I bought new. It was white and I loved that car. When it was about six months old, it missed a shift as I was accelerating from a stop. Thought it was weird, but it didn't happen again until about a year later. About every six months the check engine light would come on, but go out again before I could get it to the dealer to check it out.

Last winter, the transmission problem occurred with increasing frequency, and once went into limp mode as I was driving it to the dealer for checkout. I stopped on the way, and when I started again, everything was normal. Since then, the dealer (who was good as gold in trying to find the problem) had it more than I did. I did always get a 2015 200 for a loaner (4-bangers, but beggars can't be choosers). In the course of the summer, they replaced various parts, including solenoids, clutches, and the valve body, along with the other things that you mentioned. After the valve body replacement in August, it seemed to shift more positively, and I was pleased until the week after the repair it decided not to start. Starter would not kick in. Called road service, after an hour, the flatbed got there, the driver took my key, put it into the ignition, turned it, and it started right up. After that, I took it back to the dealer and traded it. Too bad, because I really loved that car, but the intermittent problems were getting a little difficult to deal with. Had 37,000 miles on it when I got rid of it.

My sadness was somewhat tempered, because the car I traded it for is a leftover black 2013 300C with a hemi, that the service manager was driving, and only had 3000 miles on it. Got it for cost (as a used car). I guess I could have invoked the lemon law, but The dealer has treated me so well over the last 20 years, that I didn't want to jeopardize the relationship. I love the 300, so I came away happy.

Last edited by bayguy; 11-25-2014 at 08:45 PM.
bayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Gearhead43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayguy View Post
and I was pleased until the week after the repair it decided not to start. Starter would not kick in. Called road service, after an hour, the flatbed got there, the driver took my key, put it into the ignition, turned it, and it started right up.
Probably the battery was going out...